What is the natural inflammation for when you get a total hip replacement?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Blood and toxins
During a hip replacement, muscles and tissues aree cut and torn.
Toxins are released from the tissues. Blood gets in the area and blood outside vessels, is an irrittant. There are many mediators of the inflammatory response after this extensive tissue injuring surgery that cause pain, swelling and issues. This is with proper surgery. Not being critical of these great surgeons. It is jsut it.

In brief: Blood and toxins
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Healing
Inflammation is actually necessary for proper healing.
Most hip replacements done today require your bone to grow on to the implant. Inflammation is necessary for this process. For these reasons, i recommend that my patients avoid nsaids for one month after surgery.

In brief: Healing
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine