I sprained my finger, how can I tape it?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Next finger, lightly

For a simple sprain, it is usual to "buddy tape" it to the next finger. Loosely tape it to support the injured finger and give support and comfort.
You may wish to place a tongue depressor type stick or popsickle stick under the fingers for more support. There are other splints available perahps at the pharmacy or you pcp may have them.

In brief: Next finger, lightly

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Minor sprain

For a minor sprain or minor fracture usually i buddy tape the finger to the adjacent fracture this will allow some motion in flexion but will have the adjacent finger protect the injured one from being bent to the side and affected the ligament which was sprained.

In brief: Minor sprain

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine