What is the best treatment for androgenic alopecia?

Male Pattern Balding. The best treatment for androgenic alopecia or male pattern balding is transplantation of hair from the back of the head to the area of hair loss. The hair from the back region of the head are genetically designed to remain in place despite hormonal changes. Transplant can be completed by strip harvest of by [fue] follicular unit extraction. Transplant is completed most naturally as single hairs.
Androgenic alopecia. Rogaine (minoxidil) may be a viable alternative to prevent further hair loss. Propecia is also useful if potential side effects are tolerable. Hair transplantation is also an option. One new option, not fully proven as yet, is the use of prp (injections combined with acell extracellular matrix proteins. These activate the quiescent stem cells still around your hair follicle and hold significant promise.
Combination. Propecia and rogaine (minoxidil) together are the best medical therapy. If you can afford hair transplants this would be even better.