How could I reduce the pain when my knee is fractured?

Dr. Chad Zooker
Sports Medicine

In brief: Time and ICE

Fractured (broken) bones are painful injuries.
Pain will decrease with time as it heals. A brace or cast is helpful to limit motion of the broken fragments. Pain medication is often necessary to improve comfort. Avoid putting weight on the involved extremity. Ice the injured area 20min every hour. See an orthopaedic surgeon for further treatment if you have not done so already.

In brief: Time and ICE

Dr. Chad Zooker
Dr. Chad Zooker
Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Ice, meds, elevation

Ice, elevation, and various medications (ibuprofen, naproxen, narcotics perhaps) can help alleviate pain after a knee fracture.
Have you seen an orthopaedic surgeon? Please make sure you do so your fracture can be cared for appropriately!

In brief: Ice, meds, elevation

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine