What is the cartilage in the knee between the femoral condyle and the medial called?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Meniscus
I assume you mean the cartilage between the femoral condyle and the tibial plateau.
This would be the meniscus, a c-shaped/half-moon shaped cartilage. If on the inside, it's called the medial meniscus, and if on the outside, the lateral meniscus. The other type of cartilage in the knee is called articular cartilage. It covers the bones that make up the knee joint, like frosting on a cake.

In brief: Meniscus
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Intercondylar notch
This is the name of the depression between the medial and lateral femoral condyles.

In brief: Intercondylar notch
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine