Is there a safe sinus relief medication for a person with narrow angle glaucoma ? I have had bilateral iridotomy

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probsbly

Depending on how open your drainage angles became after iridotomy, you may be safe to resume antihistamines, decongestants and others.
I recommend that you check with your ophthalmologists to find out what he or she thinks.

In brief: Probsbly

Dr. Richard Lehrer
Ophthalmology

In brief: It depends

Sometimes, despite iridotomies, the angle may remain narrow and any drugs that cause pupil dilation, either systemic or nasal spray, can increase angle closure and cause elevated pressure.
I will sometimes recommend a mild nasal steroid if there is no evidence of infection. You need to consult with your eye surgeon as to the severity of your narrow angles and weigh risks/benefits of treatment.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology

In brief: Glaucoma

If the iridotomies were successful and patent (open and functioning) there should be no problem with taking these medicines.

In brief: Glaucoma

Dr. Keegan Duchicela