How could you know if you have torn the cartilage in your knee?

Dr. Joel McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: See your doctor
Cartilage tears are diagnosis with a combination of history taking, physical exam, x-rays, and occasionally advanced diagnostics like mri.
There is no reliable way of diagnosing knee cartilage injuries or meniscal injuries by looking at it. Untreated cartilage injuries are potentially serious problems best treated early and a visit to your local orthopaedic surgeon would be a wise move.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: NO X-RAY
I agree on every said in the answer but how x-ray could diagnose torn cartilage, it dose not, MRI is the best know to diagnose torn cartilage in the knee.

In brief: NO X-RAY
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vicken Poochikian