What happens to you if there is an infection in the knee joint under the capsule?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Unsure?
By your quesiton, I am unsure.
However, if you believe you have an infections in your knee, anywhere, please see a doctor immediately and have it examined and appropriately treated. Knee infections are very serious and the sooner it is treated, the better. Don't delay. Get seen!

In brief: Unsure?
By your quesiton, I am unsure.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Paul Grutter
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Severe arthritis
Infections in a joint space can be very serious because the joint space has minimal blood supply with limited ability to fight off the infection.
Joint infections generally require surgery asap. Untreated the infection destroys the cartilage leading to chronic arthritic pain or worse.

In brief: Severe arthritis
Dr. Paul Grutter
Dr. Paul Grutter
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine