My 7 year old son has itchy bumps on legs and arms...Nothing on tummy or back. His eyes are itchy too. I gave him Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to ease the itch.?

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Allergy itch

You did right to give him an antihistamine.
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) should work well for the type of itching he has. Itchy eyes suggest an allergy to something in the air, but occasionally other causes may trigger eye itching as well. If he played outdoors today, there was probably a lot of pollen around. He's about the age that kids start having seasonal allergies; it takes a few years to get going on those.

In brief: Allergy itch

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Itchy rash

The rash could be many things.
Has your child had or been vaccinated for chicken pox? I would recommend seeing a pediatrician for further evaluation if the rash does not resolve or worsens. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) should help with the itching in the meantime.

In brief: Itchy rash

The rash could be many things.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Cindy Juster