How long will it be before I can lift really heavy objects after fracturing my elbow?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Definition?

No lifting for 6-8 weeks awaiting healing of the fracture which will be forevere weaker than prior to the fracture.
Gradual increase to maximum lifting levels would be recommended to strengthen the bone slowly over time and prevent refracture. Of course also dependent upon your definition of "heavy objects".

In brief: Definition?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Rahul Banerjee
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Lifting

I generally recommend waiting 3 months after treatment for a broken elbow before heavy (greater than10-15 pounds) lifting.

In brief: Lifting

Dr. Rahul Banerjee
Dr. Rahul Banerjee