Is nasonex (mometasone) okay to use for a post nasal drip?

Yes. Nasonex (mometasone) is a topical nasal steroid indicated for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in persons over 2 years old. Frequently allergies cause post nasal drip. If it does not seem to help, then further evaluation would be useful including allergy testing.
Maybe. "postnasal drip" can be due to many causes. If nasal allergy and inflammation is what's causing your feeling of drip then Nasonex (mometasone) can help. In my experience irritation of the throat caused by what patients eat and drink or by unrecognized reflux are far more common causes of feeling "post nasal drip." if you have reflux or drink a lot of soda, tea or coffee you should stop.