My brother had gillian barrs syndrome can this give him cancer?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No

It is not associated.

In brief: No

It is not associated.
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Pathology

In brief: No

There's no theoretical reason that this should cause cancer, being a temporary autoimmune process.
Dr. Rao is correct that one study made a very weak correlation, and i want to thank him for his diligence. I suspect that in these cases, unknown cancers likely triggered the immune disturbance.

In brief: No

In brief: Contravercial

Development of cancers in gillian bare's disease is contravercial , in italian study slight increase not a significant increase is noted.
All studies agree ' does not meet the critria for paraneoplatic disease' then the answer will be no it will not give cancer.

In brief: Contravercial

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Steven Seres