I have had a pain in my shoulder that sends tingling down my left arm and numbness in my hand. What should I do?

Get an EMG/NCT. Paresthesia ; numbness in the hand and arm indicates nerve impingement. See a neurologist for an emg/nct. If proven to have nerve impingement in the neck then you will be referred to a neurosurgeon. If you have impingement of nerves at the elbow or hand , then you will be referred to a hand surgeon for surgical decompression.
Shoulder/ neck. The tingling down arm and numbness in hand represents irritation of nerves in the neck the source of problem is in the cervical region of your neck and not the shoulder you need to be evaluates for pinched nerve in neck.
Be seen. The most likely cause is a cervical Radiculopathy, which is basically a pinched nerve in the neck. But because of the association of cardiac disease and left shoulder and arm complaints, you would be well served to be seen.
Need a diagnosis. Difficult to determine without an examination. Differential diagnosis could be shoulder pathology, cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck), brachial plexopathy, peripheral nerve entrapment such as carpal tunnel syndrome (not uncommon for cts pain to travel up the arm), or even myofascial pain with trigger points. Would suggest physiatric evaluation for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
Could be shoulder v . This could be a shoulder issue or neck problem. Both can present with the same symptoms. This can be a shoulder issue with some instability causing nerve symptoms into arm with the pain centered in the shoulder or a lateral cervical disc herniation creating shoulder pain and nerve symptoms down the arm or even a combination of both! a thorough evualuation by exam & appropriate imaging is needed.