What are the implications of measuring smaller later in my pregnancy than earlier in my pregnancy?

Dr. Elia Fanous

In brief: Inadequate growth?

Fundal height is the way growth is followed.
If small, growth restriction, premature rupture of membranes, etc. Need to be ruled out. High blood pressure / preeclampsia may also lead to a drop off in growth. Your OB should be able to rule these out with exam/ sonogram, blood pressure check, and maybe labs. A healthy but constitutionally small baby is also common. Talk to your ob. Good luck:).

In brief: Inadequate growth?

Dr. Elia Fanous
Dr. Elia Fanous
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Depends

Please discuss with your OB and if u are just seeing a midwife( since apparently a lot of women in your city see midwives) please have the midwife refer u to an ob, it depends what the efw is and what percentile it is for your gestational age to make sure u do not have an iugr baby.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jane Van Dis