My grandson is 7 and was diagnosed with bicuspid aorta valve at age 4. He is most active and doing great and is examined annually. What are the chances he will live a normal life with no heart problems and no need for valve surgery?

Needs follow-up. Bicuspid aortic valves are prone to deterioration over time. This usually does not occur until later in adult life. It can also be associated with dilation of the aorta which requires medical attention. He will need to be aware of this and keep his doctors informed of his condition.
Good but complex ? He needs to periodically monitored by initially a pediatric then adult cardiologist as he ages. Serial echocardiographic evaluation will be performed to monitor the valve . He should enjoy a full & active life. However , most individuals with this will require valve replacement at some point in their lives (usually later in most cases).