Why I coughed up bright red blood and now a couple days later I coughed up what looks like a dark red blood clot?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Get evaluated

There are many details missing about your case.
However, coughing up blood, fresh blood and then clots of blood is dangerous. You need to get evaluated. Go to see your doc asap, hopefully you can bring in the clots to show. Tuberculosis, cancer, abscess, malformations, fistulas can be the underlying cause. Treatment is available, but you need a diagnosis first. Don't delay.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Seek evaluation

You should see your doctor as soon as possible to determne the source of the bleed.

In brief: Seek evaluation

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology