How do you splint a broken hand?

It depends. Splinting of the hand is a lot more complex than you might imagine. Different fractures require different types of splinting. Some fractures require surgery. If you splint a particular fracture in the wrong manner it can actually make the deformity worse. It is best to see a hand surgeon to determine the best type of splinting necessary.
It depends. The splint will have to limit motion in the joint above and the joint below the break. If a finger is broken, adjacent fingers may need splinting as well.