I had a laser surgery for a tear in my retina. They put gas bubbles in my eye to keep it steady, 4 weeks later I still cannot see ? Help me please?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Retinal tear

Depending on what type of gas was used, the bubble may still be blocking vision.
You should be able to see the bubble moving in your vision. If the bubble has resolved and you still can not see, you should go see a retina specialist for evaluation.

In brief: Retinal tear

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

The bubble was emplaced to push the retina back in its proper position.
The vision recovery depends mostly on the type and degree of detachment. If it is air, then your eye will absorb it. If it is a silicone based gas, then it will need removal at some time after the retina is stabilized. Discuss this with your retinal surgeon.

In brief: No

Dr. Marsha Davis