I had muscle and nerve testing today, was told I have carpal tunnal syndrome. What's best to do for it?

Dr. Gary Pess
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: SPlint

It depends on the severity of the carpal tunnel.
Treatments include: rest, splint, therapy, vit b6, cortisone shot and surgery.

In brief: SPlint

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See a hand surgeon.

Carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) is caused by compression of the median nerve in the wrist.
Common symptoms include pain, numbness and tingling in the thumb, index, long, and the thumb side of the ring finger. Treatment with oral/injectable steroids, splints and therapy can be effective, but surgery is sometimes needed. See a board certified orthopaedic hand surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: See a hand surgeon.