What are the additional health benefits of matcha green tea from japan. I read a study it is a very good tea for health.?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Matcha green tea

There are some studies saying that it's high in antioxidants.
Does this mean that it's good for health? Maybe. The definitive studies would be a rct looking at improvement rates of diabetes, hypertension, increase length of life, etc. I'm not sure if these studies have been done. At the very least, matcha green tea won't hurt you.

In brief: Matcha green tea

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Overhyped

Green tea is the latest in a long line of overhyped nutritional products.
Claims include weight loss, better health, longer life, better endurance. Do not believe the hype. Yes green tea contains some anti-oxidants and phytonutrients, but it still contains caffiene which is a stimulant and has duiretic properties. Too much green tea is not good for you.

In brief: Overhyped

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman