I have buldging discz L4 L5 sciatica on the left side going down my left leg do you think I need surgery?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Sciatica

Pain in the distribution as you suggested describes the pattern of the nerve that travels in the leg called the sciatic nerve.
The sciatic nerve is not the cause of the pain source, it is the result of an irritated nerve typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Unlikely

Most disc problems, 90%, are treated without surgery.
Usually time, medication, activity modification, exercise/physical therapy & epidural steroid injections are options. Lifstyle changes in terms of not smoking, weight control & regular exercise are important to maintaining a healthy back.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Get injection first

I dont think of disc bulges as being big enough to cause symptoms or remove, then look for other reasons for the pain.

In brief: Get injection first

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Vikram Patel