How bad does a broken collar bone usually hurt?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Moderate to severe
A broken collar bone, which is quite common in forward fall situations, can cause moderate to severe pain.
Pain from fractures is due to the ends of the fractures "rubbing" on each other. The collar bone is strut that is the only bony attachment between the shoulder and the axial skeleton. Therefore, nearly any movement of the arm and shoulder will move the collar bone.

In brief: Moderate to severe
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Michael Patney
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Bad
Any broken bone is painful.
My patients tell me there is no pain like bone pain and even childbirth is less painful. Of course i can't speak directly to that being a man.

In brief: Bad
Any broken bone is painful.
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine