What are some of the symptoms of broken bones?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Pain upon palpating

Localized pain in the affected are associated to loss of function and edema or swelling.
Persistent pain in an injured bony area despite usual conservative treatment with r.I.C.E. (rest, immobilization, cold compresses, elevation of the area).

In brief: Pain upon palpating

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Cornelia Franz
An important axiom in children is that they often do not present with bruising or swelling or even significant loss of function with a broken bone. If a child had a fall or injury and still complains that it hurts three days later..see your doctor. Have it xrayed.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Pain

Pain, swelling, deformity, difficulty moving the involved extremity.
If it is leg, difficulty bearing weight on the leg.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Robert Dunbar
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Many

Symptoms of broken bones include pain upon touching the affected area, deformity of the limb segment, loss of function or motion, swelling, inability to walk on lower extremity fracture.

In brief: Many

Dr. Robert Dunbar
Dr. Robert Dunbar