How could bow-legged be fixed/cured?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Often surgery
Bow-legs are a normal finding until around 18 months, and can correct as the child grows.
After early childhood, the child should be evaluated for a medical condition such as vitamin d deficiency the problem is corrected surgically. The treatment requires fracturing and re-alignment of the bones. I have a patient whose bow-legs were corrected in adulthood at the time of knee teplacement surgery.

In brief: Often surgery
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Michael Patney
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends
It really depends on the cause.
Sometimes if ther is no arthritis in the knee then an osteotomy could be done to correct the angle of the limb. Lots of arthritis would be an indication for a knee replacement.

In brief: Depends
It really depends on the cause.
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine