How can you straighten bow legs?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Depends

Some now do not want their bow legs treated.
See the si picture of earl campbell, running back of texas. Bow legged? Fast! sometimes not acceptable in females (?) but not treated as often as in past. If found early in age, splints can be used. I would be cautious and seek opinion of pediatric orthopedist and consider second opinion.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Shaun Machen
Bowlegs in older grade school children can be treated by a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon with a technique called guided growth. Small tension band plates or staples are temporarily placed to bridge across the growth plate on the outside of the leg in order to let the inside growth plate continue to grow and straighten out the deformity.

In brief: Surgery

Surgery unless it is a young child and then special braces will help.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Jonathan Jassey