How could I know if I had broken any bones in my neck?

Dr. Justin Esterberg
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Neck
Typically a fall or significant injury are needed to fracture bones in the neck.
If you have pain in your neck and you had an injury like this you see a doctor today in the er. After examining you, x-rays may be done as well as a ct or mri. These imaging studies are needed to tell if there is a fracture. Most neck injuries are muscle strains.

In brief: Neck
Dr. Justin Esterberg
Dr. Justin Esterberg
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Xray
The only objective way of knowing if you broke your neck or not, would be to do an xray or ct scan.
Unless you see a bone sticking through your skin, you are at the mercy of guess, otherwise.

In brief: Xray
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Vicken Poochikian