How can you increase the life expectancy of an artificial hip replacement?

Dr. Joel McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Try these tips
The life expectancy of a total hip replacement may be extended under favorable circumstances including avoiding impact activities like running, avoiding gainings weight, or loosing excess weight, and limiting the number of cycles the hip goes through.

In brief: Try these tips
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Jc Alvarez
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Hip replacement life
Keeping a healthy weight and avoiding strenuous joint loading activities can help increase the life expectancy of a hip replacement.

In brief: Hip replacement life
Dr. Jc Alvarez
Dr. Jc Alvarez
Dr. Raj Sinha
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Keep weight down
Keep your weight down and muscles around the hip, especially the abductors, strong and flexible.
I recommend exercise at least 3 days per week for my patients.

In brief: Keep weight down
Dr. Raj Sinha
Dr. Raj Sinha
Dr. Steven Seres