What can you do before shoulder arthroscopy ?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Other treatment

You can try physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication, or a cortisone injection depending on the reason for your pain.

In brief: Other treatment

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine

In brief: Lots

Cortisone injections. Anti inflammatories. Ice. Activity modification. Massage.

In brief: Lots

Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine

In brief: Shoulder arthroscopy

Ensure that all your muscles --both scapular and cuff musculature are firing in synchrony.
May want to go over the list of exercises you will be performing with your physical therapist post op and have some sense of what it is like to use a sling. Educate yourself about the anatomy of the shoulder so you have better understanding of what is being repaired and/or removed.

In brief: Shoulder arthroscopy

Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: Clarification needed

Do you mean to prevent the need for surgery? Or pre-operatively? To prevent surgery I have personally used prolotherapy to help my patients avoid surgery.

In brief: Clarification needed

Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari