What can you do before shoulder arthroscopy ?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Other treatment
You can try physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication, or a cortisone injection depending on the reason for your pain.

In brief: Other treatment
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine
In brief: Lots
Cortisone injections. Anti inflammatories. Ice. Activity modification. Massage.

In brief: Lots
Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine
In brief: Shoulder arthroscopy
Ensure that all your muscles --both scapular and cuff musculature are firing in synchrony.
May want to go over the list of exercises you will be performing with your physical therapist post op and have some sense of what it is like to use a sling. Educate yourself about the anatomy of the shoulder so you have better understanding of what is being repaired and/or removed.

In brief: Shoulder arthroscopy
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Andrew Oswari
In brief: Clarification needed
Do you mean to prevent the need for surgery? Or pre-operatively? To prevent surgery I have personally used prolotherapy to help my patients avoid surgery.

In brief: Clarification needed
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari