What are normal results for an arthroscopy?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends on reason
Arthroscopy is a method of performing surgical procedures.
Many joints can be treated arthroscopically. Without knowing the specific joint, the reason for surgery, and the procedure performed, it is impossible to give “normal results.” but, in general, for the right indications, the results of arthroscopic procedures are very good to excellent.

In brief: Depends on reason
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Mark Deitch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Normal joint anatomy
I'm not sure what you mean by "normal.
" if you mean nothing wrong was found, then it means that visual inspection of your joint showed normal anatomic structures. It depends upon what joint is being examined, but typically the surgeon can evaluate cartilage, ligaments, joint capsule tissue and sometimes tendons in an arthroscopic surgery.

In brief: Normal joint anatomy
I'm not sure what you mean by "normal.
Dr. Mark Deitch
Dr. Mark Deitch
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine