I have round welts all over my stomach and chest area. The doctor I went to see did not run any tests, just said I had a viral infection. I am continuing to get more round welts and they are spreading to my legs. Should I get a second opinion or go to the

Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: Yes!

An expanding rash such as the one you describe suggests an ongoing problem that requires the expertise of a dermatologist or internist.
Allergic reactions are a possibility here as well as a viral "exanthem." since repeated allergic reactions can be increasingly serious, i suggest a visit to a health care provider..Pronto!

In brief: Yes!

Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Urticaria

Welts are bumps in the skin that are caused by a fluid buildup directly below the surface of the skin.
A number of things can lead to the development of a welt, ranging from trauma to the skin to an allergic reaction, an infection, foods, medication, and systemic disease. Treatment of urticaria is with antihistamines like zyrtec or claritin (loratadine).

In brief: Urticaria

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher