What is the recovery, rehab and healing time after an or if trimalleolar surgery?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 6-12 weeks

After fixation of an ankle fracture, the bones usually heal in about 6-8 weeks, but that time can vary, and can be longer particularly in smokers.
The rehab for an ankle fracture is usually on the order of 3 months. That time is variable as well, as I have seen patients recover more quickly and more slowly than 3 months, but that is a good estimate.

In brief: 6-12 weeks

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry

In brief: Recovery

Typical post op recovery is 6-8 weeks non weight bearing followed by 4-8 weeks of rehab.

In brief: Recovery

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine