What are the best strengthening exercises for Achilles tendonitis?

Dr. Robert Conenello
Sports Medicine
In brief: Eccentrics
Eccentric strengthening.
This allows stretch while gaining tensile strength to the tendon.

In brief: Eccentrics
Eccentric strengthening.
Dr. Robert Conenello
Dr. Robert Conenello
In brief: Isometrics
I would be careful with the type of exercises you do.
I would first start with isometrics using an elastic band plantarflexing the foot against resistance. Start with easy reps first. Toe raises may also help. I would be very careful with negatives. Negatives may make it worse and could even rupture the tendon. See a physical therapist, podiatrist, or your physician for help.

In brief: Isometrics
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Calf stretching
Stretching the muscles in the back of the leg is helpful for both achilles and heel pain.
Put your foot behind you flat on the floor keep knee extended and push your hands off a wall.

In brief: Calf stretching
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka