Hi, im 28 years old and my rheumatologist is suspicious for psoriartic arthritis. Both knee's are swelling and my spine hurts too. What do you think is it right ? And after inflamatory period will I get back to normal life?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Sounds reasonable

It could be psoriatic arthritis (psa) but your doc will consider other diagnoses also.
If it is psa, it is not a once-and-done disease like an infection. Psa is a chronic condition like hypertension that needs to be managed, not cured. The good news is that newer medications have been developed that often control the symptoms quite well.

In brief: Sounds reasonable

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine