I think I had an allergic reaction to a soap on my vagina i've had it for a few days now. Itchy, swollen. Could it be something else when will it stop?

Dr. Lily Hwang
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: 5-7d, not aggravated

If you stop using the product that aggravated you, it should get better. It is best to see an allergist to see if it is the soap that caused the reaction.
Antihistamines can help decrease the reaction of itching. Sometimes continued itching the area will cause it to swell as well. Fungal infections can also cause intense itching in that area. Stop using soap on the vaginal area. Use wet washcloth.

In brief: 5-7d, not aggravated

Dr. Lily Hwang
Dr. Lily Hwang
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Could be bacteria or

Or herpes or yeast, u need to see your gyn or a gyn for an exam and cultures and then txment the gyn can rec txment before the cultures come back and change it if necessary.

In brief: Could be bacteria or

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine