Do we secrete saliva while sleeping? I noticed i'm not. Im having dry mouth during nights. If I wake up i'm getting back the secretion. Is that normal

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

The biological significance of decreased saliva during sleep is unknown and it is unclear how the oral cavity compensates for this period of relative dryness.
The amount of saliva produced is greatest during the waking hours of the day and diminishes dramatically during sleep and may represent another process in the human body that displays a circadian rhythmicity.

Dr. Leonard Giunta

The amount of saliva is more during the day and is increased as we eate or think of eating.
The pavloving reflex.

The pavloving reflex.
Dr. Christine Fox
If you have a dry mouth that is noticeable at night, then it's possible that your overall saliva function has decreased. If you take multiple medications, or are an older adult, this is a very common thing that I see daily in my dental practice. Try an over the counter saliva subsitute like Biotene if your mouth feels very dry. It comes in a gel and liquid. People who have a dry mouth are much more susceptible to getting cavities.
Dr. Arnon Rubin