Is swimming good for teens who have osgood schlatter disease and tendonitis in his or her knees?

Great . For any teen with osgood schlatter, non impact and no jumping or running exercise is critical. Keep quad muscles strong, and stretch the quads in addition to swimming and biking.
Yes. Swimming is great exercise for everyone! the basic problem with osgood schlatter's is that the child is rapidly getting taller and the musculo-skeletal system is a little behind in keeping up. Non weight-bearing exercise like swimming is not going to be detrimental.