What type of home therapies are there for chronic tendinitis?

RICE. The proper treatment of tendonitis is “r.I.C.E.” or rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Rest includes avoiding the activity or overuse that led to the tendonitis. Once resolved, stretching and strengthening of the affected area can slowly resume.
Ice and Rest. This is a generic answer as tendonitis because some tendons may have a more defined program. Would treat with heat and rest. Otc Ibuprofen or Naproxen could also be used to relieve pain and control inflammation. After pain had resolved - would start with stretching and strengthening program and than gradually return to normal activities.