What type of home therapies are there for chronic tendinitis?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: RICE

The proper treatment of tendonitis is “r.I.
C.E.” or rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Rest includes avoiding the activity or overuse that led to the tendonitis. Once resolved, stretching and strengthening of the affected area can slowly resume.

In brief: RICE

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Ice and Rest

This is a generic answer as tendinitis because some tendons may have a more defined program. Would treat with heat and rest.
Otc Ibuprofen or Naproxen could also be used to relieve pain and control inflammation. After pain had resolved - would start with stretching and strengthening program and than gradually return to normal activities.

In brief: Ice and Rest

Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine