I have tendonitis in my elbow. What could I do to help the pain?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Stretching
Most tendinitis about the elbow subside on their own.
Keeping the elbow fully extended and bending the wrist up and down will stretch the tendons and help with the pain. If this does not work sometimes an injection is needed. In severe cases when nothing else works there are surgical procedures to help.

In brief: Stretching
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Christopher Piller
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Many options
Physical therapy for iontophoresis and phonophoresis, deep tissue modalities, stretching, and strengthening.
Ice for 10-15 min 4 times a day, counterforce strap bracing, nsaids, and avoidance of the activity that aggravates. Occasionally a wrist brace is used and steroid injections can be considered for cases lasting months that don't respond. Surgery is rarely indicated.

In brief: Many options
Dr. Christopher Piller
Dr. Christopher Piller
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine