What should I do for exercise if I have Achilles tendinitis?

Eccentric Loading. Besides foot and calf stretching, studies have shown that eccentric loading exercises work best for resolving achilles tendonitis. An example of eccentric loading would be standing on a double step and jumping off landing on the balls of the feet.
Non weight bearing . You need to avoid exercises that aggravate the tendon. I recommend swimming, cycling, rowing and weight lifting(sitting or lying down exercises only) as long as they don't cause increased discomfort. Therapy involves light stretching, icing and antiinflammatories, good shoes with support and a slight heel lift. I would avoid jumping exercises until you are healed. Dr l.