What is the best imaging technique to locate a tendinitis?

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
In brief: MRI
Tendonitits is an inflammation which is self resolving with rest and physical therapy.
But anything suspect of tears would require imaging. The best modality is the MRI which has high fidelity for soft tissues.

In brief: MRI
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: MRI
The reason why an MRI can be extreemely valuable is because sometimes one has a tendonitis and other times a patient has a tendinosis which is a degeneration of a tendon.
This can be an important distinction depending on ones level of activity. Treatments can differ in both situations.

In brief: MRI
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: None vs. MRI
In most cases, the diagnosis of tendinitis doesn't require any imaging whatsoever. That being said, I do find that tendinitis is frequently reported on mris of various joints, so if really warranted, it would be my choice of study.

In brief: None vs. MRI
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc