I am breastfeeding and just getting over a itchy rash all over my body. Today I feel hot and cold similar to flu like symptoms without the aches pains?

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Possible mastitis

Any time you get chills and fever while breast-feeding, your gynecologist will want to know about it.
It's quite common for a nursing mom to develop an infection in her breast, called mastitis. Chills and fever could be an early sign of this, but you will probably get local soreness and redness of one breast and body aches too, if that is what you have. If not very sick, probably a routine virus.

In brief: Possible mastitis

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Vicken Poochikian