Sudden headache, left arm weak/numb, severe fatigue (new migraine symptoms 4 me) ER called it a "migraine variant"-how do I know which variant it is?

Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: Migraine variant

Migraine variant is a descriptive term used when a migraine causes symptoms in parts of the body other than your head.
These migraine variants are sometimes further described according to the part of the body that is affected. The migraine variant you describe is one of the more common presentations. For more information see: http://understandingmigraine.blogspot.com/

In brief: Migraine variant

Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn
General Practice

In brief: Find out

These are troubling and potentially serious symptoms, and you did well by going to the er right away when you had them..
.Most er docs are very good, but they are not neurologists....I would suggest that you see your family doc and have him/her refer you to a good neurologist for a work-up and follow-up..As soon as possible..

In brief: Find out

Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn
Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn
Dr. Eric Weisman