How could I reduce sprained finger pain?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Finger sprain
Swelling from a sprain, bruise or tiny fracture may make the joint stiff and as a result hard to make a full fist or painful making the hand feel weak.
Typically it is better to transiently splint the pip and dip figer joints straight when inactive, ice and at the same time work on motion when swelling is down. Nsaids can help as well. Often swelling persists in the small joints for a few months.

In brief: Finger sprain
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: R.I.C.E.
Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins.
Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin can help.

In brief: R.I.C.E.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Robert Gluck
If by sprain you mean a "dislocated" joint then of course the joint needs to be put back in place. If we are talking about a partial ligament injury then of course RICE is the way to go.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Ortho/hand surgeon
Try to see a hand specialist or orthopedic soon after the injury.
The problem with these lesions is that damage to the ligaments or tendons of the hand may end up causing irreversible flexion-contractures with deformities and reduce function that may require surgery besides the r.I.C.E. Treatment.

In brief: Ortho/hand surgeon
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine