How can I build my shoulder strength after recovering from shoulder dislocation?

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Physical therapy.

You should be evaluated by a Physical Therapist or an Athletic Trainer, for the best strengthening exercises for you, to minimize the chance of recurrent dislocations.

In brief: Physical therapy.

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Physical Therapy

In general i recommend physical therapy.
The program includes precautions to the therapist because of prior dislocation. The program also include cuff stabilization and strengthening. Assuming it was an anterior dislocation, i would have the therapist emphasize some subscapularis strengthening. The therapist would then progress you to a more vigorous program as you recover.

In brief: Physical Therapy

Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Jake Heiney
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: PT

A doctor directed physical therapy program would be best at this.

In brief: PT

Dr. Jake Heiney
Dr. Jake Heiney
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine