I take atenolol & Zoloft (sertraline) daily. I'm tired & have no energy most days. I take vitamins & hCG 4 w.Loss.Could these be causing me harm by interacting?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: HCG diet

Depending on the doses, atenolol and zoloft (sertraline) should be okay together. I'm wondering what type of diet you're following with HCG -- many HCG protocols recommend a 500 calorie/day diet which is very limited.
The idea behind using HCG is that you're not "supposed" to be hungry on that low intake, but it doesn't work that way for everyone! you may need more food than this, & fatigue may result.

In brief: HCG diet

In brief: Low energy level

Drugs.Com drug interaction checker does not show interactions between Zoloft and Atenolol.
Up to 26% of people taking Atenolol can feel tired. If you aren't getting adequate calories or your nutrition is adequate that might be part of the problem.

In brief: Low energy level

Dr. Eric Weisman