I suffering from servere ptsd I can't sleep and have real bad night swets due to 911 I worked the piles . What can I do to stop the night mares .?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: PTSD

I'm so sorry to hear of your nightmares, sweats, and flashbacks related to 9/11.
We thank you for your service. There are helpful treatments for ptsd itself, and for nightmares in particular. The medication prazosin may help these especially: http://www.Webmd.Com/anxiety-panic/prazosin-for-ptsd please see your physician about this; therapy is needed too, and a type called emdr is very useful.

In brief: PTSD

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Tx

I agree with dr. Pappas.
If sxs are severe than you need to work aggressively with providers to eradicate them. If you are not already working with a psychiatrist who is well versed in the tx of ptsd, that is a must. Additionally, the use of other tx modalities will ^ success. Cognitive processing therapy has a high success rate. Emdr for simple ptsd. Acupuncture for simple + complex ptsd.

In brief: Tx

I agree with dr. Pappas.