What medicine can cure sinus & congestion for a 5 yr?

Dr. Alan Levine

In brief: Nothing!!!

There are no medications that will definitively "cure"congestion.
Etiology is usually viral or allergic and treatment is usually fluids, making the child comfortable (with a cold). You can also try a decongestant but that, like tylenol, (acetaminophen) is only for symptomatic relief--meaning that the congestion will return when the decongestant wears off. An antihistamine can be used if allergy is the cause.

In brief: Nothing!!!

Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Children's Claritin (loratadine)

I would take over the counter children's Claritin (loratadine) for a week and see if the symptoms go away.
If not discuss with your pediatrician.

If not discuss with your pediatrician.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey