I get extreme hunger, lightheaded, shaky when hungry and am unable to really do anything. I eat 3 good sized meals a day, having a snack doesn't help?

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: DECREASE THE SIZE

Of your 3 main meals.
Depending on the carbohydrate meal load, you may be having symptoms of excess Insulin production after meals, which is one of the hallmark chemical and physiologic initial risks of developing diabetes down the road. Please consult this with your doctor. Modifying your diet and exercise should make your symptoms improve or go away, as well as lowering risk for diabetes.

In brief: DECREASE THE SIZE

Of your 3 main meals.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Adam Smith