What is the best medicine or injection for restoring joint function and relief pain of knee osteoarthritis?

Nutrition, supplem't. Start with good nutrition and try: glucosamine (500 mg 3x/ day), same (don't take if bipolar or with prostate cancer) 400 mg on empty stomach (may eventually take up to 800 mg 2x/ day) and must have b-complex with the same, and wait 2-3 months to see if these are helping. Both have good evidence for treating osteoarthritis and are safe. Physical therapy can help any misalignment in muscles.
Supplements. Start with good nutrition and try: glucosamine (500 mg 3x/ day), same (don't take if bipolar or with prostate cancer) 400 mg on empty stomach (may eventually take up to 800 mg 2x/ day) and must have b-complex with the same, and wait 2-3 months to see if these are helping. Both have good evidence for treating osteoarthritis and are safe. Physical therapy can help any misalignment in muscles.
Cortisone. Cortisone is the "gold standard". Other types of injections of forms of hyaluronic acid (the building block of joint cartilage) for "visco-supplementation" can be helpful. It is an "artificial joint juice".