I had a thyroglobulin antibody test taken and the results were 320. What does this mean? Should I be concerned about lupus, hashimoto's disease or thyroid cancer? I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid and the medicine I have been taking in addition to ve

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Hashimoto's you have

You had become hypothyroid because you have hashimoto's thyroiditis, which was confirmed by the elevated thyroglobulin activity.
You should not worry about lupus, or other conditions such as cancer. The strongest association with hashimoto's and another autoimmune problem is psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

In brief: Hashimoto's you have

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. John Yim
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Hashimoto's

Based on what you have written, including the cut off "hypothyroi" you almost certainly have hashimoto's disease, or autoimmune thyroiditis.
This is where your immune system thinks your thyroid is foreign, like it was a virus, and tries to kill it. It causes hypothyroidism. We don't have all the information, but based on the thyroglobulin antibody only this is not thyroid cancer or lupus.

In brief: Hashimoto's

Dr. John Yim
Dr. John Yim
Dr. Thomas Namey
Thanks for not agreeing with my answer! What did you add?
Dr. Marsha Davis